“Curious” about the spring play?

Carol Sly

Hansin Arvind plays Christopher, an autistic boy, in “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time” (Photo by Carol Sly)

Maggie Hicks, Staff Reporter

Like you, I don’t know what the spring play, “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time,”  is about. Here are the things I do know:

• The main character, Christopher (played by Senior Hansin Arvind), is an autistic boy who is 15 years, 3 months, and 2 days old.
  • Something happens in his neighborhood and he has to go on an adventure to solve the mystery.
  • His world gets turned upside down.  
  • It is based on a novel by Mark Haddon and the play was adapted by Simon Stephens.
  • Junior Colter Adams wrote original music for it.
  • It opens two days after World Autism Awareness Day and a portion of the proceeds will go to the D.C. Autism Society.

Other cast members include: seniors Mithi Peñaranda as Christopher’s mother, Miles Jackson as his father, and Shannon Rodgers as his special ed teacher. The cast has been working since February on the production and invites everyone to come and see what they have in store.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time opens this Thursday, April 4th at 7:30 pm and will run through Saturday, April 6th. Tickets are $5 for students and $10 for general admission and will be available at the door starting at 6:30 PM.