The Lasso Magazine – Fall 2020

Editorial Board

cover of magazine
The cover of the Lasso Magazine Fall 2020 edition. (Cover art by Ellen Chadwick)

The Lasso Magazine Fall 2020 edition is out now—read it online on our Issuu page (linked below) or pick one up at many local Falls Church businesses starting Thursday, December 16.

This edition, titled “Unprecedented,” includes stories about the new building, mental health during virtual school, and many other ways that this first semester at George Mason High School has been unlike any other.

“In this magazine, we wanted to center the experience of students, and how we have interacted with this world we’ve all been thrown into—we tell the stories of new students entering Mason with no real source of connection, of Mason students coping with mental health challenges, of college recruitment in an unfamiliar new landscape,” reads the Editor’s Letter.  “Our resident music writer Audrey Morrison writes about the strange experience of being a teenager in 2020 through connections she draws in the discography of a favorite band. We share students’ feelings of nostalgia and excitement as our school moves to a new building without us there to say goodbye to the old. It’s far past tolerable to hear at this point, but it’s true—these months have been nothing if not unprecedented.”

Find the online version here!