Prom FAQs to ease your worries

Mino Castillo-Juarez, Staff Reporter

Prom is May 7, 2022.

Prom is around the corner — this is what SCA Junior Class President Katie Rice had to say about what is happening with Prom.

1. When is the prom dance and where is it being held? 

Prom this year is Saturday, May 7, from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. The venue is Ovations Pavilion at Wolf Trap. The pavilion can be challenging to find, so we will have signs and admin directing students to the exact location once they arrive at Wolf Trap!

1. Where can I buy my dance tickets?

Dance tickets are available on MySchoolBucks, and can be bought now! They are $60.

1. Do you need a date to go to prom?

You definitely don’t need a date to go to prom! Prom can be just as fun with a group of friends. If you do want to ask someone though, now is the time! There is an Instagram account for MHS promposals at @meridianpromposals. For those who want to take outside guests: you will have to purchase them a ticket at the MySchoolBucks link and a permission slip for your guest to fill out will be released later.

1. Do I have to wear a mask?

No, at this time we are not requiring masks. However, please do whatever suits your comfort level.

1. What are the spirit days?

The Spirit Committee has recently released the days and they can be seen on posters around the school. They kick off on Friday (April 29th) with class colors. Freshmen wear gray, sophomores wear white, juniors wear red, and seniors wear black. We will pick up next week on Tuesday, May 3rd with “anything but a backpack” day. Students can bring in their school supplies creatively without a backpack- for example, in a bucket. Wednesday is decades day; dress as your favorite decade! Thursday is Adam Sandler themed day (generally baggy clothing), and Friday is groutfit day (a gray outfit).

1. What is the spring pep rally?

The spring pep rally is a school spirited event on the football field. Students from different grades will compete in a series of events, from Tug of War to Musical Chairs.

7. Who is invited to prom?

Only juniors and seniors. But if an underclassmen can snag an upperclassmen date, they’ll just need a permission slip.