A preview of Homecoming week

Elizabeth Creed, Public Relations Editor

The current senior class of 2023 poses after their Powderpuff game in 2021.

What are Volleyall and Powderpuff? When are they?

Volleyall is an intramural volleyball game played between the juniors and seniors. Similarly, Powderpuff is an intramural flag football game between the juniors and seniors. Both events will take place on Monday, Oct. 2 during Stable Group. Meanwhile, underclassmen will engage in a competition within their stable groups.

What are the spirit days? 

Monday is twin day, Tuesday is Adam Sandler day, Thursday is Zoom day (formal on top and casual on bottom), and Friday is class colors day for the Homecoming pep rally. On Friday, freshmen wear gray, sophomores wear white, juniors wear red, and seniors wear black. You can earn spirit points for your grade by participating in spirit days, which will help determine the winning grade at the end of the pep rally.

When is the Homecoming pep rally? What happens at it? 

The pep rally will take place on Friday, Oct. 7. Everyone should wear their class colors to help represent their grade. At the pep rally, the different grades compete against each other in various events, like flag tag, tug-of-war, musical chairs, and more. Sign up here to participate in an event!

When is the Homecoming football game?

The Homecoming football game is Friday, Oct. 7 at 7 p.m. The theme for the game is a black out and at halftime, there is a tradition where the student section throws white baby powder into the air. Those who were nominated for Homecoming court will also walk the field at halftime, and the Homecoming royalty will be crowned! 

When and where is the dance being held?

The Homecoming dance will be held in the auxiliary gym from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 8. The dress code is semi-formal, which could include a short dress, a romper, a blazer, khaki pants, or a tie. However, wear whatever makes you feel most comfortable. Dates are also not required, so you shouldn’t be stressed if you don’t have one. It is really common to attend the dance with a group of friends. 

Where can I buy my dance tickets?

You can buy your ticket from MySchoolBucks for $20.00. Tickets will not be available for purchase the day of the dance. Outside guests are allowed, as long as you purchase another ticket for them and have them turn in a signed permission slip.