Top 5 places for seniors to go get lunch

Eleanor Kay, Staff Reporter

The class of 2019 was given open campus opportunities starting the second week of school this year.

“I think it’s a great privilege that we’re able to [leave school for lunch] and I’m really glad that we had the opportunity to do that,” stated senior Charlotte Crum.

I decided to go to some places close to Mason to discover what the most delicious and convenient food for seniors was. Here is a list of the top 5 places I found.

A grilled cheese sandwich being pulled apart

The grilled cheese sandwich at Mike’s ($5.00)

1) Lazy Mike’s: Sandwiches range from $4.50-$9 and come with a pickle and a bag of chips or french fries for an extra $1.50.

• Tip: order ahead while you’re walking over. It takes 15 minutes there and back walking.

macaroni and cheese and a baguette

The large mac and cheese from Panera ($7.99)

2) Panera: Soups, salads, and sandwiches range from $4.00-$10.00 depending on the size.

• Tip: There is the option to order online but you have to use a credit card to pay. If you order online, by the time you get there it will be prepared. . The entire trip will take about 20 minutes.

McDonalds cup and paper bag with french fries in it

4 piece chicken tender meal at McDonald’s ($6.39)

3) McDonald’s: Burger and nugget meals range from $4.00-$8.00

• Tip: There’s no need to call ahead. It takes 15 minutes walking there and back.

Starbucks drink and sandwich

Ham, swiss cheese, and egg sandwich at Starbucks ($4.75)

4) Starbucks: Breakfast sandwiches, paninis, and wraps range from $3.45-$6.45.

• Tip: Driving, it takes 15 minutes to drive there, wait in line, and come back. You could definitely save time by ordering ahead on their app or calling.

hand holding salad in front of salad bar

Salad Bar at Giant ($6.99 per pound)

5) Giant: Salad bar- There are two container options (pictured is the smaller of the two) and packets of salad dressing available for $0.39. They also have vinegar and olive oil for free to put on your salad.

• Tip: It takes 15 minutes to walk there and back and you should take advantage of the amount of options available for your salad.