SCA to host Spring Formal on March 19

Todd Parola

The Spring Formal will be the first indoor dance at Meridian since homecoming in 2019. The 2021 prom and homecoming dances were held on Meridian’s football field.

Elizabeth Creed, Public Relations Editor

After being forced to postpone a winter event due to the COVID-19 Omicron, the Meridian Student Council Association Executive Board is hosting the Spring Formal next week. 

“We wanted to offer a spring dance because we know that we’ve all missed some traditional dances due to COVID,” said SCA Vice President Erin Tarpgaard. 

The dance will take place on March 19 from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. in the Auxiliary Gym. Tickets are currently available for purchase on MySchoolBucks, but they will also be sold at the Learning Stairs during the week of March 14 during Mustang Block. Tickets are 10 dollars per person. 

The theme of the dance is “cherry blossom,” to reflect the changing seasons and the semi-formal dress code. Tarpgaard described the unofficial dress code as “similar to homecoming.” 

Masks will not be required for the dance following the implementation of new CDC guidelines at FCCPS. 

Students are enthusiastic about the dance, especially as COVID restrictions are loosening within the community.

“I’m so excited for the Spring Formal, especially with things getting back to normal after COVID,” sophomore Tilly Gale said.