FCCPS will shift to four days a week in person after Spring Break

Liam Timar-Wilcox, Managing Editor

Students work in the shared learning spaces on the third floor. Upon returning to school, these spaces will be used as overflow for classes with too many students to be seated safely in the classroom. (Photo by Liam Timar-Wilcox)

Falls Church City Public Schools announced that all schools will begin to offer four days of in person learning starting on April 6, the first Tuesday after spring break. Students will have the option of coming in on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday to attend their classes either in the classroom or in the learning hubs, depending on the availability of space.

Due to limitations on the number of students that can be in a classroom at once, some students will have to attend their classes virtually from the shared collaborative spaces outside of the classrooms. Students utilizing the hub model will have opportunities to rotate in and out of classrooms based on space availability to ensure that time spent in the classroom is equal.

Instead of Mondays being asynchronous, Wednesdays will now be set aside for asynchronous days and targeted support for students who need it. 

Current COVID-19 mitigation measures such as mask requirements, surface cleaning, and social distancing will continue to be implemented to ensure the safety of those in the building. 

Students have the option of remaining in all virtual instruction instead of going back four days a week, and if that option is chosen they must come in all four days.